Note: won copy of this book via Goodreads First Reads.
(First time writing a review and I'm terrible with words, sorry!)
Also may contain major spoilers for the novel, don't look if you don't want to know!
It was a good book; I'd recommend it to Veronica Mars fans, but I don't think I'd recommend it to people who haven't watched the tv series beforehand.
What I liked about it:
- I was pleasantly surprised to see Norris Clayton (from episode 1x18 "Weapons of Class Destruction")come back as a deputy. I liked his character and I hope we see more of him in subsequent novels.
- Bringing back Lianne was also surprising. In the show, it always felt like there was unfinished business with Lianne and Veronica. Even though the novel doesn't go into their relationship too much, I hope future ones do.
- If you thought the mystery from the movie was a letdown (like I did), I think you'll enjoy the book's mystery more.
What I didn't like:
- I don't think the dialogue was as witty as it was in the show.
- After the police crash the house party thrown by Rico and Eduardo and arrest Willie, we never hear about Rico and Eduardo again. I thought there would be retaliation from Eduardo, especially. It felt like a loose end to me.
- I don't like the title. It was just a random line said by Rico at the party. It doesn't seem relevant to the mystery at all.